Monday, September 15, 2008

Lazy day

I got off work this morning and the first thing that I saw was that Jim had not finished mowing the lawn yesterday. He had started, but Morgan wanted him to help her build sandcastles. She didn't want to do it all alone. So, they played, then they went and ran several errands. Jim took her to the "Daddy stores". That is what she calls Home Depot and Lowes.

The two pictures below are of the first time she made sandcastles (Aug. 23, 2008). I tried to find some molds at the store, but couldn't find any. So, we used paper cups and other kitchen items. No, she wasn't posing for that top picture. I just caught her when she went to lean on her elbow.



I had asked Morgan's Godmother if she could keep Morgan at her house today so I could sleep. So, I decided to surprise Jim and I finished mowing the lawn. Of course, I had to play fetch with the dogs while I was outside.
Finally, I went inside, took a shower, and went to bed. I slept until 5 p.m.! When I got up, Jim asked if I wanted to go out to dinner. We rarely get to go out alone anymore, so I jumped at the chance!
We went to a Lone Star Steakhouse. I absolutely love their prime rib. Unfortunately, they don't have prime ribs on Mondays. So, I had to settle for a sirloin. But, all of our food was very good.
We had a waiter, Ethan, who was always there when we needed him. It was only his second day there, but he did a great job.
Jim and I had a very nice dinner and conversation. It was so nice to go out with my sweetie. Too bad we didn't have time to go to a movie as well.
When we got home, Morgan and Susanne were there. Morgan came to me and told me she loved me. Then she said, "Mommy, you came home! I was waiting for you. I am so happy now." Awww, that was sweet. I told her that I was happy, too.
Susanne is so good to us. She is almost always available to watch Morgan when I ask. I really appreciate her and am thankful that we have her for a friend. We brought her home a steak dinner. The waiter messed up and wrote down a Delmonico steak for her, instead of sirloin, so she had an even better cut of steak than we did! She deserves it though.
Morgan and I played catch for a while (with a small basketball). She is really good at catching and throwing now. Then she went to bed.
It was a nice day.

No comments: