Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Noodle Soup Place

Morgan came to me near lunch time and told me she wanted to go to "the noodle soup place". That is what she calls Panera Bread. Whenever we go there, she only eats their chicken noodle soup in a bread bowl. We hadn't been there in a couple of months or so; so I told her we would go.


It was lightly raining, but the temperature was so nice today. We finally had a day in the 70's. We have had a hot and humid summer, as always.

We stopped by the bank where Morgan happily accepted a green sucker from the teller. She has come to expect a sucker when we go through the drive-thru at the bank. The other day, we went to the drive-thru at Rite Aid and she wondered if she would get a sucker there too. But, they only had dog biscuits at the window.

We drove to Panera Bread and was greeted inside by a greeter in a wheelchair (with Cerebral Palsy). He had a computer that spoke to us and welcomed us there. They have never had a greeter before and I thought it was nice that they hired him. A little while later I spotted a newspaper article on their bulletin board that had been done on him. He was the victim of shaken baby syndrome (SBS). His father had shaken him when he was a baby. So, now he has CP and other medical problems as a result. I have seen the results of SBS before and it sickens me every time to think of a poor baby being shaken like that.

Morgan was excited to see that they had a fire going in the fireplace. This was the first time this summer that they had one going. So, we sat by the fireplace for a few minutes to enjoy it. Then we ordered her chicken noodle soup and my tomato soup. We sat at a small table near the fireplace and had a nice lunch. Morgan was people watching and would inform me of what people were eating.


Afterwards, we went outside where I noticed a flock of geese trying to cross a road in the busy mall traffic. We stood on the patio and watched the geese and rooted them on. One car came flying down the wet road (in a 20 MPH zone) and I was afraid they wouldn't stop in time. But, they did, and the geese all finally made it across the road.

As we were heading to the car, Morgan wanted to jump in the water puddles. There were no cars coming, so we jumped and splashed around the biggest water puddles we could find. We finally made it into the car, got buckled in, then I drove across the street where the geese were.

We got out of the car, opened the bag of chips, and started throwing them to the geese. They happily ate them. Although one goose kept hissing at us. A man at the Sam's Club gas station (25 feet away) told me we could take the geese with us. We gave them all of the chips and went home. Morgan got a kick out of feeding them.

A couple of hours after we got home, I asked Morgan if she wanted to go to Sandy's house with me. She did, of course. We put our shoes on, kissed Jim goodbye, and headed outside. The dogs went outside when we did. They were all excited, until they found out they weren't going anywhere!

We stopped to look at the Gerber Daisys and roses in my flower bed that were blooming.

(I have no idea what she is getting into here.)


Then we watched the dogs wrestle a little bit before we headed out the gate.

Finally, we went to Sandy's house. She is my best friend and only lives two blocks away!

While Sandy and I visited, Morgan played with her dog, Jordan.


After playing with Jordan for a while, and playing with stickers that Sandy gave her, Morgan decided to spin around in circles. She made herself very dizzy!

Uncle Ken, Did you notice she is wearing her Cape Henry shirt?

Then she got onto Sandy's exercise machine (with permission). She is very good at working that machine.

I had asked her to smile in the picture above.

Sandy had told her to make an ugly face here.

We were at Sandy's a couple of hours or so before we headed home. We had a full evening of blowing bubbles, playing with the dogs, Morgan taking a bath, and playing catch before she went to bed.

We were talking to to God when she tattled on me. Morgan said, "God, Mommy spanked me!" I told Him yes I did and asked that He give me more patience. But, she didn't tell God that she had hit me first! She got upset when I told her it was bedtime. She hadn't had a nap today and she can get quite feisty when she is tired. She hit me on the arm when I went to turn off the t.v. and I gave her a light swat on the butt that only hurt her feelings.

No comments: