Monday, December 8, 2008

More tree trimming

I almost completed the tree today. I say "almost" because the branches haven't completely fallen yet, so I will be doing rearranging after they do. I bought a couple of new ornaments this year that I really love. The first one has Santa Claus kneeling at baby Jesus's side. A scripture is quoted at the bottom.

Phillipians 2:10
"That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow".
Maybe some would think this is sacreligious, having Santa Claus, the object of commericalism at Christmas time, on an ornament with baby Jesus. I think it is heartwarming. The ornament makes me happy just to look at it.

The second ornament I bought for our tree was a lion with a lamb in its arms with "Peace on Earth" across the bottom. This ornament is a reminder of the time of peace when Jesus will reign as King over the earth.
"The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, The lion shall eat straw like the ox, And dust shall be the serpent’s food. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain,” Says the LORD. (Isaiah 65:25)


Morgan likes the tree so much that she wanted to sit next to it to play. I love having a real tree for her to enjoy!





No comments: