Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

Last year, we took Morgan to the Chesterfield Berry Farm to go to the pumpkin patch there. They had all kinds of activities, including hay rides, and we had a blast. So, I looked forward to taking Morgan again this year. It was a rainy day, but it was clearing up, so we headed out the door.

The berry farm is 40 miles from our house. When we finally arrived, it was closed due to the rain that day! I was so disappointed. It was the only chance that the three of us would get to go there toegther before Halloween.

On the way home, we stopped by a Ukrops store and picked up two pumpkins there.





I carved one of the pumpkins with a black cat on the front. I haven't carved the second one yet.



Morgan is going to go trick-or-treating for the first time this year. She picked out her outfit at Wal*Mart. I won't spoil the surprise, but she picked out an outfit I never thought she would pick. She even tried on scary masks at the store. Last year they would have scared her.
She is looking forward to going out this year. We've even practiced trick-or-treating at home. Morgan knocked on the door, I opened it, she held out her bucket and said, "Trick or treating!" That was funny! We've been telling her she was going trick or treating, so that is what she thought she was supposed to say. She finally got it right.

No comments: