Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Picnic in the yard

Today's weather was quite lovely. It was in the 60's and sunny. Morgan wanted to play outside and she insisted on wearing her new sunglasses. She has had sunglasses for a while now that she never wears. But, this time, she picked out her own sunglasses in the store and she wanted to wear them.







Morgan asked me if we could have a picnic and I told her that we could. Morgan wanted to eat bacon and tater tots. I made that for her and made some other food for myself.
I got a blanket and spread it under one of our pear trees. Then I brought our food out on plates. Morgan asked, "Where's the picnic basket?" I told her that we didn't have a picnic basket. She had seen picnic baskets on her favorite show "Caillou". But, she was fine with the fact that we didn't have one. We settled down onto the blanket and had a nice little picnic.







Dee Dee was on the porch, staring at our food. It looks like her eyes are closed in the picture, but I swear she was begging!

Morgan went over to feed Dee Dee a few tater tots (which made Dee Dee very happy).

It's nice that Morgan is at the age where a simple picnic is fun entertainment for her. I know these days won't last long!

No comments: