Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Dress up

Every November, Jim and I go to Norfolk, VA to the annual EMS Symposium. It is the second week of November and lasts from Wednesday through Sunday. We spend every day from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. in classes earning continuing education hours. When we get the required amount of credits, we can recertify our EMT-I and Paramedic.

On Saturday, they always hold an awards banquet. Most of the people dress up for the banquet. I went shopping yesterday for a black cocktail dress to wear to the banquet.

This evening, I modeled the dress for Morgan, along with some shoes I bought. When Morgan saw me dressed up, she decided that she wanted to dress up as well. She told me that I looked like a dancer and she wanted to wear a dancer dress too.

I went into her closet and dug out last year's Christmas dress, which probably fits her better this year than last. She twirled around and danced.


Then she wanted to try on a pair of my shoes. I let her try on the low heels. The funny thing is, it was not very long ago that Morgan did not want to wear dresses. We had to tell her a dress was a "long shirt" in order to get her to wear it. I am thrilled that she wants to wear dresses now!


We had a fun evening, dressing up and dancing. But, then it was time for Jim and I to leave for Norfolk. Morgan was staying at our home with her Godparents.

No comments: