Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fall fun and a late Octoberfest

Wow! We had another beautiful fall day. Morgan, Jim, and I went outside. Jim was tending to the garden while Morgan played. Here she is wearing a pair of sunglasses that she received at the party yesterday. She is also sporting a Dora tattoo on her left arm. She told me I could have one of her other tattoos, so I had a Dora tattoo on my arm as well!



I keep telling Morgan that this pear tree is not a climbing tree, but she keeps trying!



Morgan and I sat on the porch with spoons of peanut butter. We love peanut butter.




So does Dee Dee! She tried her best to sneak some!





Morgan played on her "playground" for a while. She took one of the dogs' balls away from them and wouldn't give it back. She played with it instead of throwing it back to the dogs.




Then her and Cocoa played in a pile of leaves. Morgan played in the sand after that and we went inside to rest.

At 5 p.m., Jim, Morgan, and I went over to Sandy's house for a late Octoberfest.



Sandy outdid herself as usual. She made everything from scratch and it was a fantastic feast! I love German food. Sandy made schnitzel, gravy, spatzel, brotchen, farmer's bread, red cabbage, German potato salad, rouladen, apple strudel, stollen, and black forest cake. I ate and ate and then I ate some more. I took a lot of leftovers home! We also had some German wine and Octoberfest beer.






Morgan only tried the cake. I knew she wouldn't eat anything else, so I fed her before we left for Sandy's.



But, Morgan had fun playing with Sandy's dog and cats. She also colored and played with dolls while we ate.

Jim and I enjoyed Sandy and John's company as well as another couple that was there. It was nice for all of us to enjoy the evening together for a change.

No comments: