Thursday, November 13, 2008

I is educated

We arrived at our hotel last night, which was about seven miles from the hotel where the EMS symposium is held. I liked our room because it was a suite. We had a seperate living room and a mini kitchen. There were two televisions in our room which was great since Jim and I watch different shows. I picked that hotel because they served a full breakfast that was included.

This morning, Jim and I had two classes together. But, those are the only classes we will have together. Each of my classes are 1 1/2 hours long. There is a half hour break between each class and a 1 1/2 hour lunch break.

After lunch, I had an IV class. There were several instructors at different stations. I got the instructor that had all of the problems. First, she had problems hooking up the fake blood to the mannequin's fake veins. She made a huge mess.

Then, the poor baby mannequin lost an arm, a leg, and finally its head. We were able to get some practice in, but I noticed the instructors at the other stations were a lot more informative than mine was. It figures.

No comments: